Practice progress regularly an exam get attend
Kate: Hi, Peter!!! How are you?
Pete: Hi, Kate!!! I’m fine, thanks.
Kate: How is your study? Do you __________________all lectures and seminars?
Pete: Oh, I was ill and fell _____________the group. I missed all _____________. But now I’m working ____________________at my English and my tutor says, that I must ___________________with the group.
Kate: That’s right, because in summer you will pass ______________in English and so you have to ________________notes during the lessons.
Pete: Well, right. I agree with _______.
Kate: I hope you‘ll make _________________and get good_________________.. I wish you good luck!!!!
Pete: Thanks. And what about you?
Kate: Oh, I’m having my teaching ______________at this time in a company and in two months I’ll pass state exams , so I’ll_____________________ my diploma.
Pete: That’s good. Good luck!!!!
14. Answer the questions:
1) What is your name? 2) How old are you? 3) Where are you from? 4) Where do you live? 5) What is your address? 6) What is your phone number? 7) What is your occupation?(What are you?) 8) How are you? 9) How are things? 10) What is your hobby?
Have you a family? Is your family large or small? How many are you in the family? Have you got parents? What are your parents? How old is your father? Who runs the house in your family? Have you a sister or a brother or both? Is she (he) married or single? Have you many relatives?
Have you a flat? What floor is it? How many roots are there in the flat? Are there any modern conveniences? What are they ?Is there a fridge in the kitchen? Is the entrance hall in your flat large or small?
Is there a balcony in the living room? Is there a bus stop near the house? Are there any shops nearby?
What kind of furniture is there in your flat?
”My Working Day”.
When do you usually get up? Does it take you long to have breakfast? When do you leave the house? Where do you go in the morning? When do your classes begin? How many lessons do you usually have? When are the lessons over? Where do you have your dinner? Do you have a rest after the lessons? What do you do in the evening?
1) Where is the Republic of Kazakhstan situated?
2) What is the capital of Kazakhstan?
3) What is the population of Kazakhstan?
4) Kazakhstan is very rich in land, isn’t it?
5) What do you know about the climate of our country?
6) How many kilometers from north to south does it stretch?
7)What countries does Kazakhstan border on ?
8)What rivers of Kazakhstan do you know?
9)What is the biggest lake?
10)What natural resources is Kazakhstan rich in?
15. Put the sentences intothe Past Simple tense:
1) We walk through the park every day. 2) He is a good student. 3) He drinks coffee with all his meals. 4) They come to school by bus. 5) He needsa new suit. 6) He talks to us in English. 7) We are good friends. 8) He has many friends here. 9) They have a new car. 10) She and I are students in the same class. 11) She speaks Spanish well. 12) He reads the newspaper at breakfast.
16. Change the sentences into interrogative form:
1) He spoke to me about it yesterday. 2) She waited for us on the corner. 3) They wrote him several letters. 4) The bus stopped on this corner. 5) They had dinner with us last night. 6) She wanted to go with us. 7) He preferred to stay at home. 8) Monica knew him very well. 9) You got up very early this morning. 10) They came to school by bus. 11) Julio read about the accident in the newspaper last night.
17. Put the sentences intothe Future Simple tense:
1. We carry all the small packages. 2) She speaks to us in English. 3) He writes a letter to his mother every day. 4) I bring you many presents. 5) She arrives at the lesson on time. 6) He has his lesson in this room. 7) They eat all their meals in the cafeteria. 8) The train leaves at eight very much. 9) You like the teacher very much. 10) She teaches us English and mathematics.
18. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголыводномизследующихвремен: Present, Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous; Present, Past Perfect.
1. We (to go) to school every day. 2. Nick (to do) his home-work by seven o'clock yesterday. 3. You (to help) your father tomorrow? 4. We (to bring) a lot of berries from the wood. Now we shall make jam. 5. Look! Jane (to swim) across the river. 6. What you (to do) at six o'clock yesterday? 7. You ever (to see) the Pyramids? 8. I (to go) to the Caucasus two years ago. 9. When Nick (to come) home yesterday, his mother (to return) and (to cook) dinner in the kitchen. 10. When I (to go) to school yesterday, I suddenly (to remember) that I (to forget) to take my English exercise-book. 11. Yesterday grandfather (to tell) us how he (to work) at the factory during the war.
19. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголыводномизследующихвремен: Present, Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous; Present, Past Perfect,
1. I always (to come) to school at a quarter to nine. 2. Yesterday I (to come) to school at ten minutes to nine. 3. Tomorrow Nick (not to go) to the cinema because he (to go) to the cinema yesterday. He already (to be) to the cinema this week. Look! He (to cry). 4. What your brother (to do) now? 5. My friend (to like) pies. He (to eat) pies every day. When I (to meet) him in the street yesterday, he (to eat) a pie. He (to tell) me that he (to buy) that pie at the corner of the street. Look at my friend nowl He (to eat) a pie again.
20. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголыводномизследующихвремен: Present, Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous; Present, Past Perfect.
1. When you (to come) to see us? — I (to come) tomorrow if I (not to be) busy. 2. I (not to like) apples. 3. He (to come) home at five o'clock yesterday. 4. I (to ring) you up as soon as I (to come) home tomorrow. 5. I (to show) you my work if you (to like). 6. He (to come) home by six o'clock yes terday. 7. Pete certainly (to help) you with your English if you (to ask) him. 8. This little boy never (to see) a crocodile. 9. Send me a telegram as soon as you (to arrive). 10. Let's go for a walk. The rain (to stop) and the sun (to shine). 11. If you (to help) me, I (to do) this work well. 12. I always (to get) up at eight o'clock, but tomorrow I (to get) up a little later. 13. What you (to read) now? — I (to read) Tom's book. I (to be) in a hurry. Tom soon (to come), and I (to want) to finish reading the book before he (to come). 14. As soon as you (to see) your friend, tell him that I (to want) to see him. 15. When I (to come) home yesterday, my brother (to sleep).
21. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголыводномизследующихвремен: Present, Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous; Present, Past Perfect.
1. Yesterday Nick (to say) that he (to read) much during his summer vacation. 2. At the age of twenty my father (to combine) work and study. 3. A greatnumber of students (to study) in the reading-room when I (to enter) it last night. 4. The storm (to rage) the whole night, and the sailors (to try) to do their best to save the ship. 5. Mike's friends could hardly recognize him as he (to change) greatly after his expedition to the Antarctic. 6. When I (to enter) the hall, the students (to listen) to a very interesting lecture in history. 7. Hello! Where you (to go)? — Nowhere in particular. I just (to take) a walk. 8. Our students (to do) all kinds of exercises and now they (to be) sure that they (to know) this rule well. They (to hope) they (to make) no mistakes in the test-paper. 9. The expedition (to cover) hundreds of kilometres, but they still (to be) far from their destination. 10. You (to go) to Great Britain next year?
22. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголыводномизследующихвремен: Present, Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous; Present, Past Perfect.
1. Mike (to eat) ice-cream every day. Look, he (to eat) ice-cream now. When I (to see) him in the morning, he (to eat) ice-cream, too. He (to say) he (to eat) one ice-cream already by that time. I think he (to fall) ill if he (to eat) so much ice-cream. 2. They (to walk) along the street and (to talk). Suddenly Nick (to stop) and (to say): "Oh, what shall we do? I (to lose) the key to the door." "If you (not to find) it," said Pete, "we (to have) to wait for mother in the street." 3. When I (to come) to the station yesterday, I (to learn) that my train already (to leave). 4. What he (to do) when you (to see) him yesterday? 5. I (to give) you this book as soon as I (to finish) reading it. 6. When the ship (to cross) the ocean, a great storm (to break) out.
23. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одном из следующих времен: Present. Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous, Present, Past Perfect.
1. You (to go) to the library tomorrow? — No, I already (to be) to the library this week. I (to be) there on Monday. As a rule, I (to go) to the library every Wednesday. But yesterday I (not to go) there, because I (not to read) the book. I (to read) it now. I (to go) to the library on Saturday if I (to finish) the book by that time. 2. As soon as I (to receive) a letter, I shall go to Moscow. 3. Yesterday I (to put) five apples into the vase. Where they (to be) now? — I (to eat) them. You (to bring) some more tomorrow? — Yes, if you (not to make) noise when granny (to sleep). 4. You ever (to be) to the Hermitage? 5. What Nick (to do) when you (to ring) him up yesterday? — He (to play) the piano. He (to tell) me that he already (to write) his composition. 6. Why she (to sleep) now? It (to be) too early. She never (to sleep) at this time.
24. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголыводномизследующихвремен: Present, Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous; Present, Past Perfect.
1. You (to go) for a walk with me? — I (to be) sorry, I can't. I (to do) my homework. I (not yet to write) the English exercise. If you (to wait) for me, I (to go) with you in half an hour. I (to want) to go for a walk very much, because I (not to go) for a walk yesterday. 2. Don't go to Nick's place now, he (to work). He (to finish) his homework at seven o'clock. If you (to come) after seven, he (to be) very glad. 3. Pete (to go) to the cinema? —Yes, I (to think) so. He usually (to play) in the yard at this time, and now he (not to be) there. 4. He (to read) a book at five o'clock esterday.5. Yesterday the children (to do) all their homework before mother (to come) home, and when she (to come), they (to play) with the cat. 6. I (to lose) my key when I (to play) in the yard yesterday. 7. Ring me up as soon as you (to come) home. 8. Where you usually (to take) books for reading?
25. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголыводномизследующихвремен: Present, Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous; Present, Past Perfect.
1. What you (to learn) for today? — I (to be) sorry, I (not to prepare) my lesson. I (to be) ill yesterday and (not to know) what to do. I (to prepare) my lesson tomorrow. — If you (not to prepare) your lesson tomorrow, you (to get) a bad mark. 2. What you (to do) at five o'clock yesterday? 3. Mike always (to do) his homework in the evening, but today he (to begin) doing it as soon as he comes from school, because his father (to promise) to take him to the theatre. 4. When Mary (to come) home, her brother (to read) the book which she (to bring) him two days before. 5. Autumn (to come). It (to be) November now. It (to get) colder, the days (to get) shorter. It often (to rain). Soon it (to be) very cold. 6. When I (to do) my homework yesterday, I quickly (to run) to the yard, because my friends (to wait) for me there. 7. We (to have) a good time last summer.
26. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголыводномизследующихвремен: Present, Past, Future Simple; Present, Past Continuous; Present, Past Perfect.
It was eight o'clock in the morning and time for me to go to work. I (to look) out of the window. It (to rain) hard. "You (to get) wet through if you (to go) out now," said my mother. "No, I ... ," I answered, "I (to take) an umbrella." We (to have) five umbrellas in the house, but when I (to want) to take one, I (to find) that there (to be) not one that I could use: they all (to be) torn or broken. So I (to take) them all and (to carry) them to the umbrella-maker, saying that I would call for the umbrellas on my way home in the evening. When I (to go) to have lunch in the afternoon, it still (to rain) very hard. I (to go) to the nearest cafe, and (to sit) down at a table. A few minutes later a young woman (to come) in and (to sit) down at the same table with me. When I (to finish) my lunch and (to be) ready to leave, I absent-mindedly (to take) her umbrella and (to start) for the exit. She (to stop) me saying that I (to take) her umbrella. I (to return) the umbrella with many apologies. In the evening I (to go) to the umbrella-maker, (to take) my five umbrellas and (to get) on the tram to go home. It so happened that the woman I (to meet) at the cafe (to ride) in the same tram. When she (to see) me with my five umbrellas, she (to say): "You (to have) a successful day today, (to have not) you?"
27. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголыводномизбудущихвремен: Future Simple, Future Continuous илиFuture Perfect.
1. I (to do) my homework tomorrow. 2. I (to do) my homework at six o'clock tomorrow. 3. I (to do) my homework by six o'clock tomorrow. 4. When I come home tomorrow, my family (to have) supper. 5. When you come to my place tomorrow, I (to read) your book. I (to do) my homework by the time you come. 6. Don't come to my place tomorrow. I (to write) a composition the whole evening. 7.1 (not to go) to the cinema tomorrow. I (to watch) TV the whole evening. 8. What you (to do) tomorrow? 9. What you (to do) at eight o'clock tomorrow? 10. You (to play) volley-ball tomorrow? 11. You (to do) this work by next Sunday? 12. When you (to go) to see your friend next time? 13. How many pages you (to read) by five o'clock tomorrow? 14. Tomorrow I (to begin) doing my homework as soon as I come from school. I (to do) my homework from three till six. My father (to come) home at seven o'clock tomorrow. I (to do) all my homework by the time he comes, and we (to go) for a walk together.
28. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголывPresent, Past илиFuture Simple Passive.
1. Bread (to eat) every day. 2. The letter (to receive) yesterday. 3. Nick (to send) to Moscow next week. 4. I (to ask) at the lesson yesterday. 5.1 (to give) a very interesting book at the library last Friday. 6. Many houses (to build) in our town every year. 7. This work (to do) tomorrow. 8. This text (to translate) at the last lesson. 9. These trees (to plant) last autumn. 10. Many interesting games always (to play) at our PT lessons. 11. This bone (to give) to my dog tomorrow. 12. We (to invite) to a concert last Saturday. 13. My question (to answer) yesterday. 14. Hockey (to play) in winter. 15. Mushrooms (to gather) in autumn. 16. Many houses (to burn) during the Great Fire of London. 17. His new book (to finish) next year. 18. Flowers (to sell) in shops and in the streets. 19. St. Petersburg (to found) in 1703.
1. The porter will (bring, be brought) your luggage to your room. 2. Your luggage will (bring, be brought) up in the lift. 3. You may (leave, be left) your hat and coat in the cloak-room downstairs. 4. They can (leave, be left) the key with the clerk downstairs. 5. From the station they will (take, be taken) straight to the hotel. 6. Tomorrow he will (take, be taken) them to the Russian Museum. 7. At the station they will (meet, be met) by a man from the travel bureau. 8. She will (meet, be met) them in the hall upstairs.
30. Передайте следующие предложения в PassiveVoice, обращая внимание на место предлога.
E.g. We often speak about her. — She is often spoken about.
1. We thought about our friend all the time. 2. The doctor will operate on him in a week. 3. The teacher sent for the pupil's parents. 4. They looked for the newspaper everywhere. 5. Nobody slept in the bed. 6. The neighbour asked for the telegram. 7. Everybody listened to the lecturer with great attention. 8. The senior students laughed at the freshman. 9. The group spoke to the headmistress yesterday. 10. The young mothers looked after their babies with great care. 11. Nobody lived in that old house. 12. They sent for Jim and told him to prepare a report on that subject.
31. Передайте следующие предложения в PassiveVoice.
E.g. Mother waters the flowers in the evening. — The flowers are wareted in the evening (by Mother)
1. A marble pavillion protects the house. 2. The boys will paint the roof of the house. 3. Tom Sawyer whitewashed the fence. 4. Her daughters gave her three beautiful dishes as a birthday present. 5. Tom gave Nick a book for his birthday. 6. Our mother tells us stories every evening. 7. Lydia will show you a new book of pictures. 8. A boy showed her the way. 9. They will send us a box of fruit. 10. Five or six small children followed them. 11. In summer the boys often drive the horses to the fields. 12. Ivan Susanin led the Poles into the thickest part of the forest. 13. The waves carried the boat away. 14. We shall do the translation in the evening. 15. They water the flowers regularly. 16. You promised me these books long ago, 17. Bessie's father gave her a complete set of Walter Scott's works. 18. Irene's husband brought her some beautiful shells from the south. 19. The explorers gave the newspaper reporters a long interview. 20. Mr. Wilson will teach you English. 21. The doctor ordered me a month's rest from studying.
32. Раскройтескобки, употребляяглаголывActiveилиPassiveVoice.
1. Nobody (to see) him yesterday. 2. The telegram (to receive) tomorrow. 3. He (to give) me this book next week. 4. The answer to this question can (to find) in the encyclopedia. 5. We (to show) the historical monuments of the capital to the delegation. 6. You can (to find) interesting information about the life in the USA in this book. 7. Budapest (to divide) by the Danube into two parts: Buda and Pest. 8. Yuri Dolgoruki (to found) Moscow in 1147. 9. Moscow University (to found) by Lomonosov. 10. We (to call) Zhukovski the father of Russian aviation.
33. ПередайтеследующиепредложениявPassive Voice.
1. I bought potatoes yesterday. 2. We shall bring the books tomorrow. 3. They are repairing the clock now. 4. They sell milk in this shop. 5. I have translated the whole text. 6. They broke the window last week. 7. When I came home, they had eaten the sweets. 8. We shall do the work in the evening. 9. He wrote this book in the 19th century. 10. They were playing tennis from four till five. 11. He stole a lot of money from the shop. 12. By six o'clock they had finished the work. 13. At twelve o'clock the workers were loading the trucks. 14. By three o'clock the workers had loaded the trucks. 15. We send our daughter to rest in the south every year. 16. They will show this film on TV. 17. They are building a new concert-hall in our street. 18. They have made a number of important experiments in this laboratory. 19. Livingstone explored Central Africa in the 19th century. 20. By the middle of autumn we had planted all the trees. 21. They will stage this play at the beginning of next season. 22. They have forgotten the story. 23. Has anybody explained the rules of the game to you? 24. They haven't brought back my skates.